Friday, January 19, 2007

I saw this and I liked it.

The Page 123 Meme
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence.
3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Include the title and the author's name.

"I was in Chicago. I was broke. I was sitting at the window of my hotel room on North Clark Street and the most delicious smell rose to my nostrils from the bakery downstairs."

It's from On The Road by Jack Kerouac. Though I haven't read it in a million years, I keep my computer in my son's room. If I were in my room, it would have been Abraham Lincoln, The Prairie Years by Carl Sandburg.

As far as knitting goes, I made a simple ribbed cap for one of my boys out of leftovers from the vest I made for the other. I finished one Jaywalker sock and cast on for another, and I've been working on my husband's sweater, which is a lot of work. It's a pattern which changes almost every row and I'm not used to that. I told him it will take awhile.

We did lose power during the recent ice storm, but only for a day and a half this time. School is back in session so I've been busy and stressed with kids changing classes, adding classes, changing majors and generally freaking out. I do enjoy them and their drama. No sarcasm there---I really do like them.

I don't have any pictures because we had new windows installed yesterday and my husband took lots of pictures. I don't know where he stashed the camera.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

My computer room is full of rather geeky computer books. They wouldn't be as much fun for that meme.

Sorry to hear that you guys lost power again.