Sunday, February 25, 2007

I was compelled to put my husband's sweater aside for a bit, after I realized I had made a mistake with the armhole decreases on the already completed back. The fix involves ripping out at least 25 or 30 rows, and I just couldn't face it.

In the meantime, I made this for a new baby in the family:

Cute, isn't it? I think the buttons make it work. It's based on a free online pattern from Bernat. I've also started a Wallaby for the new baby's older brother. When it's done, I'll try to return to my big sweater project.

Yesterday we went to the Soulard Farmer's Market, figuring it would be quiet on a rainy day. I love going there---and thinking of all the people who've traded there since it began in 1779.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love it, Eileen. What's the yarn? I agree that the buttons do make it work.

Hubby's sweater? Yeesh. Sometimes you do have to put stuff away.

Cindy said...

That's an adorable sweater! Baby things are such fun to do. & I love the buttons also.

"Time Outs" are good for projects that aren't behaving quite right. ;-) That's especially true when you have other stuff that also needs to be worked on, like baby items.