Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I feel like I am careening toward the end of the semester. There's so much I have left to grade and cover in class. It always feels this way when Thanksgiving is close. Both boys are coming home and we're really looking forward to that. I'm not sure what Alexander is going to say when he sees his room...I've outfitted it with an extra table for my sewing machine. He's likely to feel a bit cramped, but I think he will adjust.

I finished this Irish Hiking Scarf for Ben.


I also just finished another beret and should be able to wrap up a pair of Fetching mitts during House, which is coming up shortly.

We went to Indiana to see Ben's last football game---he didn't play, but he doesn't think he will even go out next year so he wanted us there. I'd kind of forgotten what it was like to sit in the rain and cold for 3 hours, hoping that no one gets hurt. I used to feel like if I wasn't there, one of my kids would get hurt and it would be my fault. Ah, motherhood---it makes for rational decision making, doesn't it?

No comments: